Job Title: Application Packager
Rate/Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Standard 40 hours/week with potential for O/T after hours and weekends
Position Type & Length: Contract-to-Contract for 2-3 months; and Temp to Perm
Location: On Gov’t site in Alexandria, VA and/or Intrinsic Headquarters, Lisle, IL
Years Experience: 2-3 years application packaging; 3-5 years overall IT experience preferred
Education: Technical or Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s degree is desired.
Job Description: The Application Packager (Packager) will be part of a packaging team to support application packaging for a Windows 7 deployment at a Federal agency. The packaging team is tasked to complete 160 packages in approximately 10 weeks. The Packager will be responsible for packaging COTS and GOTS type applications using AdminStudio packaging software following an established process and workflow. Packaging will consist of building silent installation packages in a MSI/MST format and performing initial installation testing on Windows 7 before hand off to the client for user acceptance testing. Virtualization and shimming are initially out of scope.
Skills Required or Desired:
- Must have prior experience with using AdminStudio for packaging.
- Must have packaged applications for Windows XP and Windows 7 OS platform.
- Must understand and have used one of the following: Windows Command Shell Script, VBScript, or Powershell.
- Expertise in virtualizing applications through sequencing is desired, but not required.
- Expertise in shimming is desirable, but not required.
Knowledge Required or Desired:
- Must understand a standard packaging process and workflow.
- Must understand MSI packaging best practices and standards.
- Must have an understanding of software deployment leveraging Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Must have knowledge of desktop deployments for Windows platforms.
Abilities Required or Desired:
- Must have demonstrated ability to work on-site in a secure customer environment
- Must have political awareness and sensitivity in customer situations.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to troubleshoot packaging problems.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work after hours and some weekends.
If you are interested in applying for a position you may fill in the form and attach you resume below.